Digital Media students have organised themselves in a council, actively engaging for and with the student community in the programme, in its committees and structures.
At the University of the Arts Bremen the students council for Digital Media is constituted as FSR Digital Media (Fachschaftsrat), at the University Bremen as StugA Digital Media (Studiengangsausschuss). Both councils of the inter-university programme will cooperatively work together, forming a joint council, with plenary sessions at both locations. The Digital Media councils are closely working together with the university-wide student representations and councils at University of the Arts and University.
Joint mailing list and contact address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Semester week 2019 – hej.digital
Tasks of student councils
- Exercising the students’ rights of participation and decision making
- Advising students of the programme on questions of study, teaching and examinations
- Mediation between professors / committees and students
- Dispatching FSR-members to the programme’s committees, specifically the programme board (StuKo)
- Introduction of newly elected members of the FSR to the tasks, concerns and existing structures
- Support and announcement of political and cultural activities in the course of studies, as well as negotiations on current topics from artistic and scientific research and practice
- Promotion and integration of foreign students
- Representation before and during certification / accreditation of the programme and in its quality development
- special support for first-semester students